1. All other civilisations focussed on the external development and prosperity for a luxurious life. However, our culture focussed on the mind and mental development.
2. We said mana eva manushyaanaam kaaranam banda mokshayo: bandhaaya vishayaasaktham muktham nirvishayam smrutham (Upanishad) mind is the prime factor of human life. All the attractions and aversions stay in this mind.
3. Mind creates the bondage on the external attractions. The Rushies said to guide the mind properly so that life can be better.
4. The input for the mind is through listening/ ears, watching /eyes; smelling/nose, tasting /tongue and touching/skin. These give input to the mind and mind gets pulled towards that direction. With the mind moves the body also.
5. Thus thousands of Indian Rushies through thousands of literature, written by thousands of Rushies, containing thousands of subjects, written during the last many thousands of years told us to focus on elevating the mind. Bhagavath Geetha also tells the same.
6. Thus, our foundation prayer was moving from bad to good, good to better, better to the best. Moving from darkness to light, and from ignorance to knowledge. Moving from tension full mind to tensionless mind.
7. We prayed as directed by the Upanishads, asatho maa sath gamaya; thamaso maa jyothirgamaya ; mruthyormaa amrutham gamaya (meaning as given above).
8. Life is the experience of living and it is not the preparation for living. Thus positively enjoy every minute and make the life useful, purposeful, fruitful and meaningful.
9. We live for about 85 years i.e. 28000 days….. let this life be action-oriented (karma oriented) for the growth of our mind, the health of the body, strengthening our culture, building social bondage and integration of our motherland.
10. Hindus remembered that life is growth and growth is life, stagnation is death and death is stagnation. We did everything for the continuous and sustainable growth of all the above.
11. Thus we focussed on many many books, many customs and rituals, many pathways to lead a glorious life, many Rushies as our gurus and mentors, many god concepts to accept any and every. Freedom was given to accept or reject.
12. We wanted to grow mentally physically, socially, psychologically, economically, academically and so on. India was the most prosperous nation in the world for the last many thousands of years.
In the service of Motherland & Dharma
IISH Communication Team