- Consider Asia as a chess board, and India and China as two players – both trying to check-mate each other since the 1962 Indo-Chinese war. (Modi’s effort)
- Pakistan Navy has established a special task force which will safeguard and protect the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor as well as Gwadar port.
- The Indian Army is set to increase by over 10 times the number of regiments operating the Indian-made Pinaka Multi-barreled Rocket Launcher (MBRL) system that proved its worth against the Pakistan Army during the Kargil War of 1999.
- LONG-AWAITED induction of indigenously developed 155 mm 45 calibre Dhanush gun in the Indian Army is likely to be declared officially on the occasion of Republic Day.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) on Monday test fired beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air missile Astra against an actual target in full operational configuration for the first time over Bay of Bengal paving way for its early induction in the armed forces.
- The crux of the problem is change, specifically the Rs 500 note, which the country’s presses cannot, currently, print in adequate numbers.
- After claiming that there will be an “earthquake” if he speaks, Rahul Gandhi today alleged that he has detailed information about “personal corruption” by Prime Minister Narendra Modi which he wants to present in Lok Sabha but is not being allowed to do so by the PM.
- While you were standing in a queue waiting to withdraw Rs 2,000, many were taking away crores through the back door. A belated crackdown on illegal money in old and new currency notes is yielding loads of cash. As the police and officials from the I-T department, ED, CBDT and various other agencies swoop down on illegal cash and gold across the country, here’s a live register of the haul:
- In yet another startling catch, the Income Tax Department today seized a total of Rs 3.57 crore cash, with Rs 2.93 crore in new notes, from Karnataka and Goa with a huge stash being recovered from a flat here which was guarded by two ferocious dogs and an old woman.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today dared Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi to “expose” Prime Minister Narendra Modi if he has documents at his disposal, saying Congress and BJP indulge in such “friendly match” but do not make any disclosure.
- In a stern warning to assessees trying to misuse the provision of revising I-T returns, CBDT today said those “drastically” altering the forms to revise income will face scrutiny and penal action.
India has emerged as the most preferred destination for innovation in Asia and third biggest globally, with ‘Silicon Valley’ of East Bengaluru leading the charge, says a research by global consulting major Capgemini.
“India has been ranked as the No. 1 innovation destination in Asia and No. 2 in the world for new innovation centres,” the report said.