IAF in 84
- IAF celebrating its 84th anniversary, PM on Saturday saluted all the Air Force personnel and their families, thanking them for protecting the nations’ skies. “Saluting all air warriors & their families on Air Force Day. Thank you for protecting our skies. Your courage makes India proud.”
India is Shining Star
- India is a shining star in the world economy and nobody can dispute that, says John Rice, Vice chairman of GE.
India in 3rd Position
- India has retained its position as the third most preferred investment destination behind the US and China and could attract higher foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2016.
Hydro Power Boosting
- In a bid to boost hydro power sector, the government is planning to formulate a policy to push stalled projects and extend the benefits for renewable sources like wind and solar to hydro projects.
Sun Life and India
- Dean Connor, CEO, Sun Life, says he expects India’s GDP growth this year and next year to outpace at least the other six markets in which Sun Life operates in Asia.
Economically Bright Spot
- Most of the world clearly sees India as an economic bright spot. There is near unanimity on the reforms undertaken by the NDA government,
India and African Organaisations
- Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved signing of MoU between India & African-Asian Rural Development Organisation (AARDO) for capacity building programmes in the rural development sector.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is certainly making waves in the field of space and its achievements in recent months have been praised by the entire nation. PM Narendra Modi too appreciated ISRO for successfully launching the communication satellite, GSAT-18 and said that it was another milestone for Indian space programme.
About India Pm
- When world leaders were trying to settle upon a name for the global initiative to accelerate clean energy innovation, it was Prime Minister Narendra Modi who came up with the catchy name of ‘Mission Innovation’, the US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz has said.
Swiss company in India
- Swiss medical products firm Geistlich Pharma AG announced the commencement of Indian operations with establishment of its 10th global affiliate, Geistlich Pharma India, a wholly-owned subsidiary.
India Pak War.
- If India fights a war with Pak it risks a stalling of its economy (although war is good biz for many), and undermining its cachet as a peaceable country.
Devgn Not worried
- Devgn, whose film ‘Shivaay’ is pitted against Johar’s ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ later this month, said he is not worried about its release in Pakistan.
HM and Indian Boarders
- Union Home Minister on Saturday reviewed security on the international border in the desert state and said India never attacked anyone but doesn’t count the bullets when retaliating.
IOC and Start Ups
- Indian Oil Corporation has announced a start-up scheme with a revolving corpus fund of Rs.30 crore to promote start-ups and nurture an eco-system conducive for innovations in the domestic hydrocarbon.
India Never Attack
- “India never attacks anyone and we do not intend to occupy others’ land. Our heritage is ‘Vasudev Kutumbakam’ or the whole world is one family. We never open fire first; but if attacked, in retaliation we never count the bullets after pulling the trigger,” the Union Minister said while addressing BSF personnel. Rajnath Singh.
Brahmaputra and China
- “The reservoir capacity of the project is less than 0.02 per cent of the average annual runoff of the Yarlung Zangbo- Brahmaputra. It cannot have an adverse impact on the downstream,” Chinese Foreign Ministry said in a written reply to PTI to a question on India’s concerns over the dam.