An Attack which Energised
- Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha on Saturday said that the terror attack in Pathankot and Uri are a stark reminder of the times we live in, and added, that the Indian Air Force is ready to counter such attacks in the future.
- Ashok Leyland, the flagship company of the Hinduja group, is reconfiguring strategy for its bus business. This comes in the wake of emerging regulatory and market-related changes in the operating dynamics.
Make every in India
- The real challenge before the country is to substitute imported goods with domestic products like in the defence sector, said Baba Kalyani, CMD of Bharat Forge.
Rahul Gandhi ‘s Comment
- When asked about Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi’s ‘Dalali’ remark for PM Modi in relation to the surgical strikes, Jithdnra Singh declined to comment.
Is this Weakness
- I won’t say this exercise of setting up a committee in the RBI has increased the power in the hands of the finance minister,” Yashwant Sinha said.
FM is Strongest.
- Modi government’s finance ministry has emerged with more responsibilities on its plate and perhaps become more formidable than any other in post-reforms India.
- With the covert strikes across the LoC in Pakistan a ringing success, it follows that the Delhi establishment has already thought of an alternative.
Short Term problem
- Events from across the border can trigger short-term kneejerk reactions among investors, which the market is capable of handling maturely going forward.
Should have Guts first
- “Those who don’t have the guts to call terrorist a terrorist, must not question the patriotism and nationalism of the nationalist people,” Singh said.
Imran Khan in Pakistan
- Imran Khan has time and again claimed that the Sharif family has businesses in India, although it has always been denied by the latter as baseless.
- The government raised $9.9 billion from a spectrum auction that ended on Thursday. As per the Budget documents, the revenue target from the telecom sector this fiscal is Rs.98,994.93 crore.
GST and Autos
- With the government looking at rolling out GST from the next financial year, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Thursday said there should be only two rates for passenger vehicles.
Sales of Vehicle sales
- Domestic passenger vehicle (PV) sales grew at 19.92 per cent in September, touching highest volumes in over four-and-a-half years, led by record sales in the utility vehicles segment .
LED Lighting and Benefits
- India, through its company Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), has performed . exceedingly well in terms of vastly improving access to LED lighting while reducing their cost drastically.
Spectrum Sales and Income
- India’s biggest-ever spectrum auction ended with the Centre garnering Rs.65,789 crore in revenue.An upfront payment of Rs.32,000 to be received by the government in the current year is the highest.
Honda in the Run
- Two-wheeler maker Honda Motorcycles & Scooter India (HMSI) said it aims to clock sales of over 1 million units during this festival season on the back of the implementation of Seventh Pay commission.
Uber to give more
- Rachel Whetstone, Senior Vice President, Communications and Policy at Uber spoke on the company’s plans in India. The company aims to position UberPool, its car-pooling service, as a means to making ride a great experience.
- India’s gross value added (GVA), a measure of the value of goods and services produced in an economy, may grow at 7.8 per cent this financial year compared with 7.2 per cent growth in fiscal ended March.
LIC in Start Ups
- In order to boost start-ups, the government would consider a slew of policies that could, among other things, enable pension funds as well as insurance firms such as LIC to invest in start-ups.
GE To Ramp up
- American conglomerate GE may ramp up its exports from India, its vice-chairman John Rice said and urged India to create a new export credit agency to boost exports and add jobs.