DHARMA MESSAGES SERIES NO. 57 (February 2013)
Quotes from Swamy Vivekananda
1. Whatever you think,. That you will. If you think yourselves weak, weak you will be; if you think yourselves strong, strong you will be!
2. He who is the servant of all is their true master. He never becomes a leader in whose love there is a consideration of high or low. He whose love knows no end, and never stops to consider high or low, has the whole world lying at his feet.
3. What the world wants is character. The world is in need of those whose life is one burning love, selfless, . That love will make every word tell like thunderbolt.
4. I call him a traitor, who having been educated, nursed in luxury by the heart’s blood of the downtrodden millions of toiling poor, never even takes a thought for them.
5. Where, in what period of history your rich men, nobleman, your priests and potentates took any thought for the poor- grinding of whose faces is the very lifeblood of their power?
6. It is life to do good, it is death not to do good to others, ninety per cent of human brutes you see are dead, are ghosts – for none lives, my boys, but he who loves. Feel; my children feel; feel for the poor, the ignorant, the downtrodden, feel till the heart stops and the brain reels and you think your will go mad
7. Doing good to others is virtue- dharma- injuring others is sin, strength and manliness are virtue; weakness and cowardice are sin, independence is virtue, dependence is sin, loving others is virtue, hating others is sin, faith in god and in one’s own self is virtue, doubt is sin, knowledge of oneness is virtue, seeing diversity is sin.
IN TH SERVICE OF THE MOTHERLAND AND DHARMA
IISH COMMUNICATION TEAM